Saturday, August 6, 2022

"Since Then"

 "Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind." (John 9:32 KJV)

  "The LORD says, "I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help. I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me. I said, 'Here I am, here I am!' to a nation that did not call on my name. All day long I opened my arms to a rebellious people."" (Isaiah 65:1-2 NLT)

 Now then, about that thing, the thing said about God not hearing the wicked: If it were completely true, I would have never answered; and if I did answer, He wouldn't have listened! I know that I have shared on this before, so excuse me from repeating myself. I do believe that God heard my prayers when I was a child, hurting and crying out to Him. 

 There can be some serious debate and speculation on the reasons why I knew He heard my cry; it is really not that I changed my life or anything, I just felt as though I was no longer afraid of whatever it was that made me cry out for His help. Personally, my belief, as one looking back, is that I was always His, I just had not become aware of it yet. 

 Yes, that's right! You heard me say it! Before we were conceived in our mother's womb, we were chosen to be His children, and we were waiting live out what He had already planned for our lives: including that day when we would accept His free offer of Salvation! 

 No, that is not saying that we don't have a choice, because we don't even know who or what we are, until we make that choice! So, we need to be awakened as odd as that might sound. We don't even have a clue, but God knows everything about us, including what it will take to change our hearts!

 But man, O man, we surely know it now! Just a little hint, if you have any doubt...

""Rabbi," his disciples asked him, "why was this man born blind? Was it because of his own sins, or his parents' sins?" "It was not because of his sins or his parents' sins," Jesus answered. "This happened so the power of God could be seen in Him."" (John 9:2-3 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment