Sunday, February 6, 2022

"The Midst of the Feast"

 "Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught." (John 7:14 KJV)

  ""For this is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies says: In just a little while I will again shake the heavens and the earth, the oceans and the dry land. I will shake all the nations, and the treasures of all the nations will be brought to the Temple. I will fill this place with glory, says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. The silver is mine and the gold is mine, says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. The furure glory of this Temple will be greater than its past glory, says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. And in this place I will bring peace. I, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, have spoken!"" (Haggai 2:6-9 NLT) 

 Wouldn't you know, just when you think you have seen it all, there is always more to be seen than you could have ever imagined! Just ask the Lord to open your eyes, your spiritual eyes, because there are some powerful and mighty things that are going on all around us. 

 To that point, the most powerful thing, which is being spoken of here, is the manifestation of Jesus Christ, entering the Temple, in the midst of this Feast. Something to consider, The Feast of Tabernacles is meant to represent several different things; most of which, is the fact that God has come to tabernacle in the body of a man; that the Son of Man might take on the sins of all mankind; and then, that man can then be able to tabernacle within God, because God is able to tabernacle within Him. 

 What do you think was the peak of that celebration? The most important part was when the Son of God was at His weakest, the Son of Man was claiming victory and at His strongest. It might not make perfect sense, but the Temple is only a representation of God's dwelling place; it is in no way the dwelling place of God, at least not till God shows up and dwells within it! 

 The cross is where it all came about: where the curtain was torn from top to bottom, because God ripped that curtain in two; making a way that man and God might dwell together, as One! Did you not know, that the stone which was rolled away, was not to let Him out, but that we might enter in...

"I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!" (Philippians 3:7-11 NTL)  

No comments:

Post a Comment