Thursday, February 10, 2022

"Take a Knee"

"If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." (John 7:17 KJV) 

  "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever." (Psalms 111:10 KJV)

 Interesting topic of debate, much as the idea floating around about asking God for something, believing that it shall happen, and then expecting that it will be done. Not always the way things go, because the go button is God's will, not our own! The main concern we must have, is the will of God, whether we are seeking an answer for prayer, or we are trying to understand doctrine: Does what we seek after line up with God's will? 

 Just to be clear, the bigger issue that Jesus presents to these Jews, is, 'Does our life seek to do God's will?' It is really not that big of an issue to understand God's word, if you are willing to live by the word's that you gain understanding of, because they will seem natural and right when you know God's heart! Basically, it is about being humble and willing to let God have His way in our lives, and not seeking our own ways. 

 I do not pretend to know God's will for everything that I and meant to do. If anything, most everything I do, is somewhat like walking by faith, which is really not based upon what is seen in front of you, but what is put within our hearts. If it is a really big issue, I ask for God to show me a sign; otherwise, I put it into an act of faith, which is to say, "If this is God's plan, then this is what will happen," and it happens, just as God spoke it into my heart. 

 When I needed to find a house to rent, to bring my wife home from the hospital, I was being turned down left and right, as my credit and my finances were in a quick spin downward, and this were going quickly into the gutter. I looked for a place that would have a master bedroom large enough for my bed and Marianne's hospital bed, something that was really not that easy to find.

 When I had pretty much given up, I came into the office, tossed my keys on the desk, saying, "Okay, this is how it's going to happen: The place God has for Marianne and me, is going to be just right, and the person that rents it to me is not even going to ask me to fill out a credit report; just ask me if I want the house!" 

 Two days later, I was driving through a neighborhood and saw a for rent sign in a yard, got out, looked through the windows, and saw it looked like it would work. I went to the Rental Office to pay for a key to go look inside, and the Owner of the office, who heard me mention the house, stepped out of her office, and said, "Rich, do you want that house?" I said, "Yes, but that I just wanted to take a closer look inside." Then she said, "If you want it, you need to get me $3,000 and fill out the Retal Agreement really soon, because I have someone else that has already given me an application." 

 Just like that, that is how God get things done! He knows exactly what we need, and He knows exactly how He is going to make it happen! We might not know anything, but when God's tells us to trust and obey, we must believe that it is going to be His way...

"I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you. But we must hold on to the progress we have already made." (Philippians 3:12-17 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment