Tuesday, February 22, 2022

"A Wanted Man"

 "Then said some of them of Jerusalem, Is not this he, whom they seek to kill?" (John 7:25 KJV)

  "I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption." (Psalms 16:8-10 KJV)

 If there is one thing that I have learned, over these last forty years, it is the fact that God absolutely has control of my destiny. I have periods of doubt, as many of us do; but when I put my mind upon God, taking it off the things of this world, I come to my senses and realize that nothing here can come against me, nor take away the security of my soul. 

 Small little things, like death and the destruction of this body, are really nothing when compared to the eternity that awaits; but it is absolutely a must that we hold tightly onto what we hope for and believe! That, my friend, is the essence of faith! You think that you are looking for truth, then walk in faith, and you will experience the truth that you are looking for, guaranteed! 

 Doubt does nothing but block us from seeing the truth; because even though the things we hope for are unseen, faith makes that which is unseen come to life: that which is believed in, becomes remarkably real! Somehow, I feel that there might be certain things that cause the opposite reaction; the biggest of these, I believe are the weaknesses we might have to sin. 

 God knows, way in advance, everything we are going to do, long before we even think of doing it. I heard a message yesterday about God's warning to Nebuchadnezzar, where Daniel interpreted his dream, the one where his heart was transformed from a man to that of a beast. The premise of this transformation was caused by his declaration of having created such a marvelous kingdom; as if it were his doing, and his alone! 

 Just as the words had come forth from his mouth, a voice from heaven spoke, saying, "O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken: The kingdom is departed from thee." Such as it were, this is not the end of the story! Yes, in an instant it was all stripped away, but the end result was far better than the beginning. 

 This too I see for those that might slip or fall, whether they be a new believer, or well-seasoned in the faith, because God's love never changes and never runs out of mercy. If you were His child then, then you will remain His child now; and if you are His child now, then you will remain His child forever and ever! That is His doing, not our own...

"This is what the LORD says: "You will be in Babylon for seventy years. But then I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you," says the LORD. "I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land."" (Jeremiah 29:10-14 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment