Monday, February 7, 2022

"The Living Word"

 "And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?" (John 7:15 KJV)

  "Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious." (1 Peter 2:1-3 KJV)

 Maybe this is a really good time to start remembering how important the Word of God is, over every other thing that causes us to be attracted to Christianity! If God's Word is not that which is at the top of our list, we might not have our priorities in the right place. I am trying to be serious, because these are those days that are spoken of by Paul to Timothy: "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." (2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV) 

 I can recall my early days of witnessing to people, it was like I really had no control of what I was doing or how I was doing it, the words just came out of my mouth. It still happens now, from time to time, but there are times when I can feel myself trying to maintain a certain composure and not get carried away. 

 Do you know why I might do that, maintain myself from getting carried away? If I had to try and put it into an illustration, I would imagine it was the same reason Moses wore a veil upon his face. I really don't want to come across as anyone that is special or with some sort of anointing, because I know first-hand that I am not! I sin like everyone else, but it is not my abilities that do anything; it is me being willing to make myself available for God to do a work in me. 

 That is pretty much the lesson we must all learn to adhere to; the abilities to share God's word, in season and out of season, are from God's Spirit working in us, not from ourselves. That said, we must practice making ourselves available! Oh, it still happens anyway, but if you do not readily make yourself available for God to use you, you will not experience being used frequently. 

 Anywho, that is my two cents worth of that gobbledygook! I think Moses is a pretty good example of what it means to just make yourself available to be used; Just do what God says, and go where God leads, and say what God tells you to say; if there is a problem or something goes wrong, it is not your fault, give God the glory...

""Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will gather you and your children from east and west. I will say to the north and south, 'Bring my sons and daughters back to Israel from the distant corners of the earth. Bring all who claim me as their God, for I have made them for my glory. It was I who created them."" (Isaiah 43:5-7 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment