Tuesday, February 1, 2022

"Indeed" - To

 "But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret." (John 7:10 KJV) 

  "Oh LORD my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them. You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings. Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand - you don't require burnt offerings or sin offerings. Then I said, "Look, I have come. As is written about me in the Scriptures: I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your instructions are written on my heart."" (Psalm 40:5-8 NLT)

 Sometimes it takes a little pressure applied to our lives, in order to get us to start paying attention to what God is asking of us or instructing us to do. We don't always get the message right away; but, in God's economy, late is always better than never! Do you know why that is and how that works? If you do, maybe you can let me know, so I can understand how He does it. Maybe then, I can try to plan ahead and not be so worried about having messed things up! 

 As it turns out, God has a really good sense of humor when it comes to keeping promises. As much as I try, keeping up with what He does and how He is going to do, whatever it is that He is doing, there is just no knowing how or when anything I think He has promised will come about. There are some things we get to experience right away; and then there are some things we get to experience gradually, over years of trials and failures, until one day, everything comes together and makes perfect sense. 

 Stepping back from whatever it is that you might be troubled by you can maybe see it from a different perspective, because in most cases, our perspective is almost always totally off. As it is in this illustration of why Jesus went alone and in secret! If you might speculate that we went to avoid being arrested and prematurely killed before it was time, you would be totally off base, and misunderstanding the way God makes His plans trump anything mere mortals can try to do. 

 We see things happening one way, and then we think that is the way things will happen; but if you are really familiar with Scripture, that is almost never how things turn out. I have heard it said, 'If man can do something on his own, then God won't be part in it; but if man can't make it happen, then God will get it done,' or something to that effect. That said, I am not really sure I believe that is the case!

 I have lived long enough in this world to know, God is always working in everything we do, even in the smallest things that we think we can handle on our own. Nothing gets done in the life of His children without watching over us, protecting us, and making His plans for our lives be perfectly played out. You might think you have control over all that you do, but there is nothing you can do that God already isn't aware of, nor, that He isn't ready to straighten out. 

 Besides, the most important part of this Feast, is when Jesus shows up...

""Look at my servant, whom I strengthen. He is my chosen one, who pleases me. I have put my Spirit upon him. He will bring justice to the nations. He will not shout or raise his voice in public. He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. He will bring justice to all who have been wronged. He will not falter or lose heart until justice prevails throughout the earth. Even distant lands beyond the sea will wait for his instruction." God, the LORD, created the heavens and stretched them out. He created the earth and everything in it. He gives breath to everyone, life to everyone who walks the earth. 

 And it is he who says, "I, the LORD, have called you to demonstrate my righteousness. I will take you by the hand and guard you, and I will give you my people, Israel, as a symbol of my covenant with them. And you will be a light to guide the nations. You will open the eyes of the blind. You will free the captives from prison, releasing those who sit in dungeons. 

"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols. Everything I prophesied has come true, and now I will prophesy again. I will tell you the future before it happens."" (Isaiah 42:1-9 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment