Friday, February 4, 2022

"Can't Shut My Mouth"

 "Howbeit no man spake openly of him for fear of the Jews." (John 7:13 KJV) 

""But anyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven."" (Matthew 10:33 NLT)

 Something that really needs to be pointed out, as it seems more and more normal, just to remain quiet and not offend anyone or make them uncomfortable or uneasy. Believe me, it requires a little practice! You must be prepared to open your mouth and speak the truth, because you will remain quiet if you do not first count the cost, remembering who it is that you are going to answer to! 

 Does that sound strange to say? As it is, there are so many reasons to obey the leading of the Spirit, when you have your heart tugged on to speak; first and foremost, is the fact that we do not want to offend God! Not that it doesn't happen, because it absolutely does! It happened to me yesterday, as I was speaking to a customer about some experiences I had in the Service. He shared about some things that changed his whole believe in heaven and hell, as he now believes the hell is on this earth.

 I felt the sudden urge to share something about the truth, yet I did not want to interrupt his explaining the things that triggered his change of heart. There are powerful life-changing stories of those who have been in the heat of war; especially the wars that seemingly do not feel like fighting in or dying for. I really did not know how to react to the powerful story, as there are some things that just cannot be easily undone. 

 That said, my best illustration is always about Termites, those little creatures that God has made to do something, which they amazingly do very good. I don't avoid the chance to share on something that is amazingly easy to use, to point to our Creator, who just so happens to be Christ Jesus, our Lord and Saviour! 

 If you missed it, that is how I was saved: by someone that showed me the Creator, and then pointed out that the One who created all of this, is also the One that hung on the cross, to create Salvation for my soul. Once you see the Gift, you can't turn back...

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus. Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen." (Galatians 6:14-18 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment