Tuesday, February 15, 2022

"Meaningless"

 "The people answered him and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?" (John 7:20 KJV)

  "Jerusalem, once so full of people, is now deserted. She who was once great among nations now sits alone like a widow. Once the queen of all the earth, she is now a slave. She sobs through the night; tears stream down her cheeks. Among all her lovers, there is no one left to comfort her. All her friends have betrayed her and become her enemies." (Lamentations 1:1-2 NLT) 

 Tossing through the night, I kept asking God to show me a title for today's post. Several things came to mind, but none really seemed to be that meaningful or to the point. One kept on pressing me, "Sticks and Stones," which reminded me of spats I would have with my siblings growing up; and upon further thought, they reminded me of my mother. 

 Again, having known the outcome, we can sometimes miss the punchline of the story: nothing that anyone might say, can change the condition of the human heart! Little did many of these people know, they too would be guilty of killing Jesus; they just did not know it, yet. To be perfectly clear, every one of us has a part in the death of Jesus Christ, but many may not know it, or wish to accept it.

 While I was typing the words to the verses from Lamentations above, I couldn't help but think about all the people who were affected by the actual results of all that was being said. There are so many things in our lives, many of which we would really not like to think about, but much of which really doesn't even matter. When God wipes our slate clean, then everything is swept away! 

 Will there be crying in heaven? I am pretty sure that there will be, only because it says in Revelation 21:4, "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes." God can change everything and anything, so never give up on those you love...

""The rain and the snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands! Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up. These events will bring great honor to the LORD'S name; they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love."" (Isaiah 55:10-13 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment