Friday, December 6, 2019

"Go In Strong"

"O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle." (Psalms 140:7)

  I may not have anything close to David's experience with Goliath, but that does not mean I cannot relate to what he experienced; because that same Spirit which was motivating him, motivates me and that same message lives in all of us! The question we must ask ourselves, is that of our ability to hold onto it, regardless of opposition or fear? There is really only one thing that we must be afraid of, and that would be a fear of losing favor with God. Fortunately for us, it is a good fear and a false fear, all in one! It is a good fear, because we are more equipped to watch or monitor how we treat our relationship with God; it is a false fear, because God will never abandon His children! Let me share a little something that is on my mind. I bought a dog; not just any dog, but a challenging and demanding dog to try and raise and care for. As I shared yesterday, sometimes we do things on our own and end up with regrets; buying this dog might have been the story behind that observation. Anywho, it is done! I bought a 8 week old German Rottweiler, named him Buddy, and now he belongs to me. Now he is going to be 9 months old in 9 days, and I am frustrated beyond belief. After spending $2,500.00 for obedience training, I discovered that the I need training more than my dog! He is about the most lovable thing you could imagine; also the most stubborn and destructive thing I have ever owned. I cannot give him any sort of mattress or pillow, not even any kind of stuffed toy; because if I do, he will simply tear it apart, eat the stuffing, and then have bowel problems for weeks. I have thought about giving him away almost one or twice a week; sometimes, one or twice a day; I just get so frustrated! Can you see where this might be going? It is very similar to our commitment in marriage and the fact that we must make a commitment! For better or worse, I bought him, and now I am committed to making sure he becomes the best he can be, despite how I feel or whether or not he easily obeys me. There is a very powerful lesson here, whether you see it or not; because there are some things that are more important than the way we might feel, whether that feeling is frustration, fear, or failure, we must be fortified by commitment! So, the point of all of that, crazy as it might seem: is that God is committed to us, for better or worse is not even an issue, because He knows Best; and Best is always better! That is the strength of my salvation; and salvation is the helmet I wear...

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." (Isaiah 12:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment