Friday, December 27, 2019

"Plots Along the Path"

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knowest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me." (Psalms 141:3)

  There is more than enough proof we have that God is watching over us; all you need to do is to start counting all of your blessings, and you will soon realize that you are not alone. This is no different than the last verse, in that David acknowledges God knows everything he is going through and all of his emotions he feels inside; because the path is not just a road or and passage way, it is the trodden way, which is pretty much the same as that expression, "To walk in another man's shoes." In other words, God not only knows everything about you, but He sees the road that you are headed down, including every single trap alone the way! If you stop and think about it, how many times have you missed your turn or overshot the exit you meant to get off on? I'm not saying that God was controlling your every misdirection, but it is pretty much the idea that is being put forth. God knows what lies up ahead; one more very important lesson to why we need to carefully listen to everything He says, even if you may not agree or feel like doing what He is telling you to do. There are so many examples of this throughout the Bible, it is impossible to begin listing them all. Besides, who is to say which is right and which is wrong, because in the way God works, those things that might appear to be the wrong choice that was made, turns out to be the way God works things out. I'm just saying, in the words of someone that knows a little something, "Fear not: for am I in the place of God? But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive." (Genesis 50:19-20) Even those things that are done by listening to the devil, God can use them too; they just might not turn our so good for the person that did the listening. If you know what I am talking about, because there is always a price to pay, not for falling into a trap, but for seeing it and going in anyways. I surely wish that there were things I had used a little better judgment on before stepping in, but that is what it is, or was, or however you want to look at it. What matters most of all is what we do today, not what we did yesterday, but right now! Today is the day of salvation! You cannot change yesterday, and tomorrow might not ever happen; today is what matters in how you listen: focus upon listening today! Step back and take a look at this verse, realizing that David is talking about, not where he is going, but where he is at. It really does not matter where you are at or how difficult your situation might appear; God has not only your back, but He also has everything that lies ahead...

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment