Saturday, December 7, 2019

"Stay In Strong"

"Grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah." (Psalms 140:8)

  I could not help but think of Jesus' comment to Peter, when He said, "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." (Luke 22:31-32) If you are in the midst of something, no matter how terrible or out of control things might seem, as long as you keep the faith, you will be converted! Maybe we need to explore what that word, and see what, "converted," actually means, and maybe it will shine a little light on the request David is making, as well as his praise, or if you will, pause to lift up and exalt the LORD. Basically it is a word that means to turn or return; to turn back, if you will, to the worship of the true God! You see, when Peter failed, his failure was based upon his actions, not the actions or circumstances of the Lord; he never quit believing in the Lord, but he was miserably disappointed in himself. So, in the turning part of Peter's life, it was him turning back to Jesus; not to fact of who Jesus was, or what Jesus could do; but that Jesus still loved him, despite his terrible failure to do what he thought he could do for his Lord. It really does not matter the shape you might be in, as long as Christ Jesus is the Shape you represent! You just keep your faith in Jesus! We are always going to disappoint ourselves, I don't care how strong you might think that you are, you are never as strong as you think you might or could be; but Jesus is, has been, and always will be the strength that we need, no matter what the circumstance and no matter how out of control it might seem; He has, can, and always will overcome! We might fail, but He never does; we might give up on ourselves, but guess what, He never gives up on us. Besides, when we are weak, then we are strong...

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment