Wednesday, December 11, 2019

"Justice Follows Need"

"I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor." (Psalms 140:12)

  As many of you know, this is really not about bing totally accurate in everything I say; although I do try to maintain a certain degree of staying within the lines: this is more about me having a discussion with God and sharing my heart on a daily basis. I called it a living journal, because it is something that I felt led to do; and thus far, I have not sensed God telling me otherwise. It really does not matter how many might be hanging around, because this is primarily between me and God; I am just using you to keep me accountable to faithfully show up, every single day, whether I feel like it or not. Is that relevant to this verse? I am pretty sure that it is, and I am here to prove it! To be quite frank with you, we need each other, sometimes, more than we know. Paul uses the term, "The Body of Christ," saying this about our function and responsibility to one another: "For the body is not one member, but many." (1 Corinthians 12:14) I know it might seem a little silly, because we are all quite aware of the teaching from this portion of Scripture; it is something we have need of that is causing me to bring it up. In the following verses, Paul uses the example of importance, as in: Since I am not the hand, but I am just the foot, I really don't belong to the body; or, since I am the ear, and not the eye, I am really not worth anything? As he does, he concluded each segment with another question: "Is it therefore not of the body?" It is a little silly to think of such things, but then again, it still happens. He then switches the shoe to the other foot, saying, "And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you." (1 Corinthians 12:21) Do you see my point? There is something about humility that cannot be ignored when it comes to being one in the Body of Christ! I guess what it is that I feel God saying, is that you really cannot abide in Christ, if you cannot by one in His Body. If you don't get that, it is probably alright; but you have got to know the reason this is something to think about. The "cause" and "right" are not the doing of the afflicted and the poor; it just turns out that way because they are faithful, even in persecution! Don't know if you were aware of this, but Religious Persecution also happens within the Body! As a matter of fact, I would guess that it might happen more from within, than it actually does from without. All the more reason that there is a need for relief, more than there is for deliverance...

"Now when John has heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples, and said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another? Jesus answered and said unto them, "Go and show John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me."" (Matthew 11: 2-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment