Saturday, December 28, 2019

"A Lone Soul"

"I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul." (Psalms 142:4)

  There are more distractions we have today then back in David's time; the more stuff we have, the more we have to take care of, pay for, and try to get rid of. I had a period in my life, before I got saved, where I had focused upon the, 'Concrete Jungles,' as I called them; places where people were utterly dependent upon a life where they could not survive without the system moving along as it currently does. Not only do they rely on the funds to purchase what they need, but they need those things in place to purchase; otherwise they would be without. It is a little scary to think about; but then again, so is the thought of there being no God to turn to in time of need! How anyone could ever want that, I cannot imagine myself feeling that alone. Even in my worst days, I still knew that there was a God who created me; I may not have understood who He was or how much He loved me, but I still had a knowledge that He was there, wherever there was. It is pretty interesting to think how a soul works and whether or not there is any difference in our body once it leaves us. Is there a way to detect it being gone? I have always wondered if it might weigh something; even if that was less than could be detected on the average scale. Anywho; this is pretty much what I have wondered regarding my soul, as David here is making an observation of his own soul, realizing that as a soul, there was no one besides God that could care for his soul; absolutely nobody! On the other hand, there is another example of what Jesus went through as He hung upon that cross; because He was abandoned and left by those who followed Him; no one understood what He was going through or why He was being crucified upon that cross. The people all around were either spiting on Him or weeping for what was happening to Him; but none of them knew the mighty work that was being done before them. I can't imagine how He must of felt; in His deepest darkest hour, there was only One that knew what He was actually going through: Only One...

"Who hath believed our report? And to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and aquatinted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted." (Isaiah 53:1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment