Thursday, October 31, 2019

"He Cares!"

"In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul." (Psalms 138:3)

  If you thought it was hard to get past the hurt, don't feel bad about that, because there are so many Scriptures that share the same experience. This might just be one of those Scriptures! First off, the point about David sharing how God gave him strength in his soul, that might be the greatest example given, besides Jesus agonizing in the garden, of what it means to get through the pain. I really don't know how else to explain it, because I can honestly say that I know what I am talking about. I have shared this before, but there have been days when I cried so hard, my body was literally shaken. My heart hurt so bad, the pain of what I felt shook me to my very core. But God answered my cry for help, and instantly the pain was gone; pain being the part where you can feel your heart being ripped apart! My heart still hurt, I still had the same situation before me, but I was numb to the hurt by the strength that God gave me; strength enough to rejoice instead of crying; strength enough to actually praise Him for the experience that He was bringing through and the chance to feel closer to Him. Isn't that really what it's all about? To draw closer to the One that gives you life! And I am not talking about the life in this body, because this body is seriously dying; but my soul lives on and on, way after this experience is over. Life still hurts, but so does working out and actual work; pain is what you feel when you focus upon the hurt. Another way to try and explain this, is that the hurt is what you learn to live with, whether that is physical or emotional, it is part of life, it is part of what takes place in relationships, it is part of growing old. I can try all day to explain it, but unless you can see it, your not going to understand it. To take this in another direction, it would be the reason we must learn to forgive one another, because the hurt caused is hardly ever forgotten, but it must be looked over. In other words, you focus on the eternal, which leaves that hurt far behind...

"For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:8-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment