Tuesday, October 29, 2019

"KING of the WORD"

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." (Psalms 138:2)

  This is a little quote from Pastor Bryan this last Sunday, as he was teaching out of 1 Chronicles 17. He shared about David's word, calling it, "the word of the king," and then about God's response, calling it, "The King of the Word." The verse we have here today is important for us to pay attention to, because it shares a part of David's heart that continually gave him strength, when he had nothing left to hold onto, he had God's Word! If you are like me, in the midst of every storm and every terrible circumstance, I hold tightly to God's Word; the harder the storm pounds against me, the more I hold onto the Word's of God that He has spoken into my life and that amplify His voice above every single speck of doubt and discouragement that might try and creep into my heart. You have got to believe that God loves you! In and through all the storms, He loves you and no intention of harming you, even though the storm might hurt. That is where we get confused and start to feel discouraged, when will feel hurt. And believe you me, there are days when it hurts so badly I just want to die! It is in those times of misery and bewilderment, that I hold on tightly to what I know to be Truth. Jesus said, "If ye continue in my word, then ye shall be my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:31-32) This might not do something to relieve the hurt, but it sure does something to relieve the pain! When Jesus is speaking about us being set free, it does not speak about being set free your circumstances and your terrible storms, it speaks about being set free from condemnation and shame. Paul said it best, as someone who knew firsthand what shame and the feeling of being condemned was like, he declared it with boldness, saying, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Romans 8:1) When are we talking about? Now! What that means, is everything at all times; whether you are discouraged or at the end of your rope, that Word is for Now! Back to the silly questions that were asked yesterday, and taking it into a personal situation, When God says that you are made new, when does that newness start? We really need to get a grip on God's Word...

""Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."" (Matthew 24:35)

No comments:

Post a Comment