Monday, October 7, 2019

"None as Famous"

"And slew famous kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:" (Psalms 136:18)

  So why am I doing this, this thing I do? I hope that it is for the right reasons, because, man O man, it is unbearable at times; so much so, that some mornings I can hardly see this screen. One thing is for sure, God is speaking! Something that Pastor Bryan was showing us yesterday, mostly involving the children of Gad. It was about the fact that they decided not to go to the other side of the Jordan, which was, long story short, the same as not wanting all of the blessings God has available for our lives. Like, who doesn't want all of God's blessings? You would be surprised to know who, because in a strange sort of way, we all have a little Gad in us. If you could put anything to this, famous or not, it would involve the things that are most important in our lives. I say famous or not, because there are some things we have that are the most important, but they are also the most hidden. Without getting too carried away by what motivates someone to quench the Holy Spirit in their own lives, let's just say that it is mostly about change and fear to go where you have never gone before. It may also involve a little laziness, but that's a topic for another discussion. Today, this is about the things that are most important. What is it that we might place more important than having Jesus do something amazing in our hearts? The descendants of Gad chose pigs over Jesus! Pigs, of all creatures; the one animal that loves to wallow in the mud to make themselves feel comfortable when it gets hot. Maybe that best suits the motivation, or lack thereof; not wanting to be made as clean as we can possibly be! You know that famous saying, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen," well, this might be taking it a step further, saying, 'If you don't like heat, don't go into the kitchen.' The kitchen is where things get cooked! That is pretty much what the other side of the Jordan represented, because it involved the children and what they would become! What is it that we show our children? What do we make known to them regarding the God that we serve? Who becomes more famous in their lives, the God that loves them, or the God that judges them when they are wrong? We need so much Jesus in us, that the world, especially our children, can see Jesus in us! Because the Jesus that is in us must be more famous than you or I...

"Jesus replied, "I have already told you, and you don''t believe me. The proof is in the work I do in my Father's name. But you don't believe me because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from my Father's hand. The Father and I are one."" (John 10:25-30) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment