Tuesday, October 1, 2019

"God's Strong Hand"

"To him which divided the Red Sea into parts: his mercy endureth for ever." (Psalms 136:13)

  If you think it is easy, think again; our motivation is sometimes based upon protecting ourselves first and foremost, even though we might think we are trying to surrender over to God's will. Yes, you are very close to the idol of these last two days, because this idol is non other than doubt! That's right; it is the excuse we give ourselves to fail: If I only had more faith, then maybe I would obey more easily and not try to have it my way. Tell me something, do you ever think to yourself, 'Maybe I need to be left behind, just to prove to myself that I will stand with Jesus;' or how about this: 'If the rapture does happen, and I am still here, I know that all my doubt will vanish!' If anything you have thought comes close to them, then I truly believe you are a believer! To see the pattern of what is happening, you only need to look at the example given by the God who loves you, more than you will ever truly know! He has given His all for you: Can you say the same for how you treat Him? None of us can! Yes, this is about doubt that we really don't want to get rid of; the thing that we keep hanging around, just so that we have an excuse to rebel and fail, when ever we want to. Go ahead and call me crazy; tell me how much you think I have gone off one too many limbs. But, if you are interested, I believe that is about dividing something else into parts! I started this blog to be a living journal: which for all intentional purposes, was me saying that I wanted to see where God takes me, as well as sharing my journey with whom ever wanted to tag along. Yes, I have a way to track some of you; but I seriously think I don't see the complete picture. This is exactly what I believe God is speaking into my heart: we do not get to see the complete picture! But God does! He knows everything there is to know! And, there are some things that He knows, that He wants His children not to know. What is so wrong with that! To get right to the point, Faith is something that has only one side, the side of Trust! You either trust God, or you don't; plain and simple. If it is God's will that this or that happens, then so be it: He knows best what I need, much more than I know. In other words, you can doubt all you want, but if you do, make sure the doubt is based upon you, not God! Look at the example given, and how for many days, the children of Israel saw all sorts of signs and wonders; yet when they reached the edge of the Red Sea, with the Egyptian army hot on their trail, they said what: "Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt? Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us along, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness?" (Exodus 14:11-12) I hope you got what I was trying to say, because the biggest problem we have is our flesh! Not only does it want its own way, but it also gets in the way, and causes us to doubt that God loves us...

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God." (Galatians 6:15-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment