Monday, July 22, 2019

"The Big Point"

"Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption." (Psalms 130:7)

  This is pointing at me and my family; the people around me, the church where I call home, and those that I continually pray for, each and every day. Redemption is real; it is realized when we make it personal and expect to see God work it out in our lives. That might be the biggest point, that we must want it personally; like that very simple song, "Change my heart, O God, Make it ever true; Change my heart, O God, May I be like you." What is Redemption? and what does it look like? Two words can explain it very well: Abundant Life! Jesus made that so perfectly clear: "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10) Paul uses the term, "conversation," saying, "For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ." (Philippians 3:20) It is a word that occurs one time, in this one verse, and it speaks about the state or commonwealth; the administration or state of affairs; basically, it is the equivalent to the term, 'get your affairs in order,' but with the focus upon the affairs towards Heaven! James ends his Epistle by saying, "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." It is that mind-set we are looking for, that abundant life is life that makes a difference and takes more lives into consideration; the more, the better! Like that other song, "I've got a river of life flowing out of me!" Basically, the big point is that redemption looks like, Redeeming the Time, because with God there is plenteous redemption...

"Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." (Psalms 103:1-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment