Wednesday, July 17, 2019

"Deeper Still"

"Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications." (Psalms 130:2)

  If there was one thing that I don't think I have ever worried about, it is that God does not listen to my prayers. I might be a little worried sometimes how He will respond to them, but I don't think I ever thought that He was not listening; even before I became a Christian, I believed there was a God that created us; I just did not know who that God was, or how much He loved me, till I saw that it was Him who was nailed upon that cross. That shattered my stoney heart! That said, there are things we have in our lives that challenge our sense of hope; nothing is about whether or not God changes, because the Scriptures clearly say that He does not. But, I don't know about you, this heart of mine can change in a moment, and that is a pretty scary thought. There absolutely must be something else that I can rely on that keeps me from insanity; because, if I am living based upon how I feel or even how I might live day to day, as Solomon says, "Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity." Keep your eyes on Jesus! There is where that, "Rock," is found where our feet must go; where our goings are established; because if we are looking at ourselves, we end up all over the place and standing on sinking sand. What I think we are looking at, is the reality of pretty much everyone that challenges where they stand with God. God never changes, so the need to ask Him to listen is not based upon His ability to hear, but whether or not we are in His graces: Am I worthy enough for Him to listen; does iniquity in my life prevent Him from hearing my voice! Another great point that Paul was trying to make, because there are so many people that think they need to do something or act a certain way in order for them to get God's attention. Abiding in Christ is all that is required! If we might feel a little strange or indifferent, that goes with the territory, because we are a little strange; heck, if I start feeling normal, I begin to get a little worried about living! I absolutely need to feel the need, the need to get right with God! That is the whole point of this request, not that God cannot hear us, but will He listen...

"Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; but is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: but when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ." (Galatians 4:1-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment