Tuesday, July 16, 2019

"A Deep Subject"

"Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD." (Psalms 130:1)

  I guess it all comes down to the matter, as in, what matters the most, loving God or loving this world; because this world is going to pass away; and guess what, so are we! What is your deep? Where is it that you need to be, where nothing else matters but crying out to the LORD? If I had to face execution for my faith in Christ, would I consider that my deep? Maybe I would; but nothing I hope for would change, it would just feel more tangible and real. There are many ways to express where it is that you place your faith, but none can be more meaningful than the choice of living or dying for what you believe. In that regard, there is one of the most important testimonies to the truth of Jesus being risen, that those who followed Him were willing to die for that truth; and it was because He had risen that they were confident that they would rise also; that death was not the end, but the new beginning! As to the closing Scripture yesterday, the point was not that of the law, and the whether or not we should keep it. Much like all the things Josiah did to undo many things that were offensive to God, those things would just come back anyways; some would even become more prevalent and more ugly. You can try all you want to change what people do, but the real thing that needs to happen is that they change their hearts; and there is only one way that the heart can be changed, and that is for God to change it! If you really want to know what Paul was trying to say, it was not about keeping the law or not keeping it, it was about surrendering to the finished work of Christ! All things come and go, everything passes away; but only one thing is never going to change! When Jesus said, "It is finished," that is exactly what He meant! It really doesn't matter where your deep is, His love is deeper! And that same power that raised Jesus from the grave, can lift us up from any deep, including death...

"I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD." (Psalms 40:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment