Friday, July 26, 2019

"Altogether Lovely"

"Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child." (Psalms 131:2)

  Sometimes it is really hard to put into words the small glimpses that I see, but to be perfectly honest, it is more about learning and growing, one step at a time. Thinking about that title above this Psalm, "Childlike Trust," I was reminded of something else Jesus said, something a little more personal and a lot more revealing: "Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless, not my will, but thine, be done." (Luke 22:42) This is about trust, but more than that, this is about a trust that is based upon the knowledge of, "Father Knows Best!" We can never expect to show our love for God if we do not trust Him and know that He is doing all things good, even when good looks so ugly and hurts so much. This is the kind of stuff that is so hard to comprehend; we think, how can God allow this to happen, and build up barriers within our hearts to embrace Him unfettered. Jesus said it best, "Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3) Notice that He did not say, 'As children,' but said, "Little children;" because there is a difference between the two. The title of today's post is taken from a verse in The Song of Solomon, otherwise known as, THE SONG OF SONGS. If you have ever studied the chapter, you might have discovered that it is a beautiful picture of the relationship between the Lord Jesus Christ and His Bride, which is us, the Church. Going back to one of thoughts from yesterday, that Jesus showed great restraint by remaining quiet and being obedient to the will of the Father: was it eve restraint at all? Maybe there was a part of Him that felt hesitation; but in His heart, the greatest thing He could do was that which the Father wanted. As a matter of fact, just His motivation to do all that the Father wanted, it was the thing that gave Him more power to complete all that He was put here to do; every last bit of it! We can get a small taste of what this might have been like, by looking at His reply, when His disciples wondered who had fed Him, because He said, "I have meat to eat that ye know not of," and then He replied: "My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." (John 4:34) This word, "weaned," is a word that speaks about dealing fully with, as in to repay something with something else; as thou to say, "Thou hast done good to me," as a matter of speaking to the way someone might be treated or repaid for their service, or for just being alive...

""Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."" (John 14:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment