Tuesday, July 30, 2019

"Believe Me When I Say"

"How he sware unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;" (Psalms 132:2)

  You have got to believe me, this practice is anything but made perfect! Are there mornings when I don't feel like saying anything at all; you bet there are, but that stops me not! Why then do I even still? Quoting from a movie that I have watched at least twenty times: "Because I said that I would!" There is something about this verse that should cause us to wonder, because there is something about the way Solomon is trying to express his father's determination and drive, that it was not something personal, it was something Spiritual. If this was written prior to or at the time of the dedication, then Solomon has already been given wisdom, as God told him He would; so there is the question of whether he is quoting his father, or is he expressing his father's heart. Well, to be certain, the desire in David's heart to build the Temple came about ten years before Solomon was even born. (2 Samuel 7:2) We have got to understand how this works: If we make it personal, then it because something that we control; but if it is Spiritual, it becomes something that God controls; even if we forget about it and the desire fades, God , by the power of His Spirit will keep reminding us. Besides that, there is another point to this, the point of who it is that you are doing this for, and the point of self-sacrifice. To get the picture of what I am trying to say, I will take you back to something I have described before, a couple of different times. Abraham never really accepted what God promised as a sure thing, until God made him fall in love with his descendants. It went from being personal, to being about someone else! (Genesis 15:13-16) I know that there is someone that is monitoring and maybe even limiting my exposure, but it is not about any of that: this is something that I have made between me and the Lord: If He continues to speak, I will continue to show up! The thing that keeps on blowing my mind, is that He never has let me down; even when I don't feel like speaking, even when I cannot think of a single thing to say, He speaks! Nobody else might understand what I am trying to say, but that's okay, because this is about showing up! If I get to wake up, then I get to show up! Another thing about that promise God made to Abraham, he showed up to make a covenant with God, but he never signed it; God signed it for the both of them...

"And now, behold I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God." (Acts 20:22-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment