Wednesday, July 3, 2019

"Breaking it Down" -2

"The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life." (Psalms 128:5)

  There is something that I could not overlook in this, which has so very much to do and say about a real reverence for God: this word "bless", although it has so many wonderful positive attributes, it is also associated with humility and reverence. Basically, 'the primary notion lies in breaking, breaking down'. When we realize all that has done for us, and when we understand all that He is still going to do, much of which is too glorious to comprehend; what else is there to do, but to break down and fall on our knees! That is the quote within the Gesenius, "O come let us kneel down before Jehovah our Maker." As I said before, it is really hard to put into words, but the Holy Spirit has a way to communicate these things into our hearts. Whether we can interpret them into any sort of language, that is a whole other subject; a subject that is only between us and our Creator, one on one, up close and personal. Today is Marianne's birthday and I am hoping to try and somehow make it special. As many of you know, that is not an easy task, at least the it comes getting any sort of reaction out of her. What is fascinating in all of that, is how much that is not why I do it. Once upon a time it was; the more I did, the more I expected to see some kind of reaction or appreciation; at least a little gratitude for the effort. That is no longer a problem I am faced with, which was my own problem of loving to get some sort of reward. Don't get me wrong, it was not my intention, it's just how things go; we tend to gravitate towards self, and then settle in somewhere between what is in it for me and where can I improve how much I do for them. This is more than just a blessing, it is something I feel that God wants to show me, something about what love is really all about. O how He loves us...

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another." (1 John 4:10-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment