Wednesday, July 31, 2019

"The Basics"

"Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;" (Psalms 132:3)


  Okay, so here is the thing that begins the process, if you are indeed determined to start counting the cost and making time to make a difference: The biggest problem that we have in keeping our promise is that of laziness; if you can see the indication of what is being put forth. I try and make it my plan to get up each morning and be prepared to pray. Before you settle in, you must settle this: I am going to get up by 4:00 in the morning and pray! Does it work every day? Most days are easy; but every once in a while, my body aches and my eyes get heavy; thus the indication is being spelled out, if I make it about me, then I will sometimes put myself first. What are my needs? If my body aches, I feel the need to stay in bed. Does that ever happen? You bet! I am only human; and if I feel overwhelmed by life, there are certain things that can cause my to focus more upon what my body needs than what my spirit needs. I find that rest is overrated. The more I rest, the more I get tired and want more rest. Most nights, I would guess that I sleep for about four hours; some nights, it might be closer to two. I try and get six hours of sleep each night, but that very seldom happens. This is pretty much about a frame of mind and the desire to follow through. Besides that, I said it before, and I will say it again: God will help you; you are not on your own! I remember brother Ray telling me, as we were riding our bikes from his house to church, that he tried to sleep in one morning; actually planned on it when he went to bed; but at exactly 4:00 in the morning, his bed collapsed, and he was forced out of bed. If you are counting on the Lord to help you, whatever it is you are trying to do, He will not let you down! (No pun intended.) Besides, I would gather to think that the Lord is the one that keeps me getting up each morning, by His Spirit within me. Because if I am being perfectly honest, the times when I tend to sleep in or feel lazy, are the times when I think I can do it on my own. It is not about me! Sure, the Lord ministers into my heart almost every single morning; but I am not still here on this earth to feel more spiritual and have small talk with God; not when the real experience is yet to come! We are here to be salt and light; whatever that means for you, you are the one that ends up needed to make a plan. He puts that desire in you, you are the one that steps out...

""But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things will be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the tomorrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."" (Matthew 6:33-34)

No comments:

Post a Comment