Friday, January 11, 2019

"Wisdom Teeth"

"It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes." (Psalms 119:71)

  I have this verse highlighted in my Bible. When I highlighted it, I really don't remember; but when it was done, it was done with pink highlighter, which tells me that it represents something that I stop to think about the negative side and turn it towards the positive. I did this also in the Book of James, especially in the first and fourth chapters. For example, James 1:12, which is almost completely green, with the exception of five words that are pink, "for when he is tried." The point of what that represents, is the pink highlights are telling me that there are lessons to be learned in the midst of the ordinary trials of this life. It is more than we can even begin to comprehend, but our trials are not just for our benefit; as a matter of fact, most of our ordinary trials are to benefit others that are around us, in ways that we cannot even fathom. Thinking about this post last night, I could not hep but think about the thousands of people who God has placed in my life over these last thirty-seven plus years; some for just a very short moment; many of which are no longer with us. Yes, the bite that we have into God's Word is vitally important to the way we might stand in the midst of trials, but in the midst of every storm, His bite on us is greatest! I really don't know how else to describe it, but to show how the Word we bite into, it nourishes and provides the comfort we might need, but bigger and better than that, is His reaction towards us, for our desire for His Word. What I am trying to say, is that we need to be ready for instruction, especially in the midst of our ordinary trials. Those are the times when we least expect it, but when we are also less likely to cry out. Do they prepare us for the big trials? Probably not. But what they do, is to cause us to chew upon His Word, expecting to be taught, and to be conformed to His image. The big trials that come upon us are so overwhelming, we seldom have time enough to think. It is during those precious moments, when the Lord is holding more firmly unto us, as to keep us abiding in Him, even when we might want to give up. So, it really does not matter what kind of trial you are facing, as long as you keep your focus upon Him. Please don't misunderstand what I am trying to say; because, God's grip on us is bigger than our grip on Him...

""O my God, lean down and listen to me. Open your eyes and see our despair. See how your city -the city that bears your name -lies in ruin. We make this plea, not because we deserve help, but because of your mercy. "O Lord, hear. O Lord, forgive. O Lord, listen and act! For your own sake, do not delay, O my God, for your people and your city bear your name."" (Daniel 9:18-19) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment