Saturday, January 26, 2019

"The Sure Life"

"All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me." (Psalms 119:86)

 It really doesn't get much better than this; whether you realize it or not, when God is on your side, it really does not matter what anyone does or how the battle might look against you, you have nothing to fear! What is faith without confidence in the God that loves you? It pretty much comes down to us believing and trusting God; if we can't believe Him as we should, then our trust in Him will mirror that belief. If you look closely at this verse, there is something missing in the way David is asking God for help. We have already concluded that what we are needs to be fixed, that we are broken and in desperate need of repair; so the condition of our fallen nature has been dealt with, and now it's no longer the issue. The issue now is something that speaks of trusting in God to make our salvation count for something else, something that gives glory to the One that saved us! I mean, seriously, what are we here for, if not for our salvation to be used by God to further more salvations? Paul gives this process a name, "His workmanship." (Ephesians 2:10) There is something in each of our lives that we are to walk in, that has been preordained by God, and that is perfectly prescribed to be the good works that we have been saved for. It's not just about my salvation, that I have been saved! Even the thief on the cross next to Jesus, who lived maybe only an hour or so after he was saved, it was not just for him that he was saved. His salvation has probably saved more people than anyone else, even though he only was able to live on this earth a very short while after he was saved. You think of all the people that have been on there deathbed and been given this example of salvation. There is nothing more that we need to do, but believe! Our salvation continues to work long after we are gone, so it is really more about just believing; everything else will work itself out from there...

""Anyone who belongs to God listens gladly to the words of God. But you don't listen because you don't belong to God." The people retorted, "You Samaritan devil! Didn't we say all along that you were possessed by a demon?" "No," Jesus said, "I have no demon in me. For I honor my Father -and you dishonor me. And though I have no wish to glorify myself, God is going to glorify me. He is the true judge. I tell you the truth, anyone who obeys my teaching will never die."" (John 8:47-51) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment