Monday, January 21, 2019

"KAPH"

"My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word." (Psalms 119:81)

  Believe me when I say this, but this one has me scratching my head and saying, I don't get it! Exactly right! That is what we are always faced with, questions of life and living in a fallen world. To put it in a simple way of thinking, sometimes we need to stop thinking about it all together. It might be hard to put this into something tangible, because the whole point is that it is not; as soon as you think you have something you can hold onto to, it is no longer in your grasp. Take our salvation, for example: when I first believed, nothing was more clear to me as it was in that moment, but as soon as I began to focus upon that moment, the moment was gone. Does that mean my salvation had somehow slipped away? Absolutely not! The newness of my new life may have become something a little more stable, but now my salvation is being worked out in my life, a life that is filled with never-ending questions. I guess if there was anything that could be pointed to as a law, it could probably be summed up in the second point of this verse, "But I hope in thy word." Even when we don't get the answer we are looking for, we still need to go the the source that gives us the truth, God's Word! Life is so full of never-ending changes; what is up, gets turned upside down; what we think is solid ground, quickly becomes quicksand. But God's Word, it never ever stops proving the answers we are looking for, hope in a life of hopelessness...

""Write this letter to the angel of the church in Laodicea. This is the message from the one who is the Amen -the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's new creation: "I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth! You say, 'I am rich. I have everything I want. I don't need a thing!' And you don't realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked. So I advise you to buy gold from me -gold that has been purified by fire. Then you will be rich. Also but white garments from me so that you will not be ashamed by your nakedness, and ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see. I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference."" (Revelation 3:14-19) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment