Tuesday, January 22, 2019

"Made Ready"

"Mine eyes fail for thy word, saying, When wilt thou comfort me?" (Psalms 119:82)

  It is not enough to cherish or hope in the word of God, we must prepare our hearts by accepting it as the truth, above all else. Believe it or not, but this too is a choice; it is something that we must determine in our hearts to do, and we must fortify our minds to make it so, no matter what else our mind might try to trick us into believing. This is one of those "Polar Bear Alert" kind of moments, when we need to stand our ground and believe with all of heats that it is not what we see with our eyes that matters most, but what we believe in our hearts. In a strange kind of way, there is an answer to this question that is already being performed, the moment the question is asked. I know I have shared this before, but when I am at my weakest and feel I can't stand it anymore, it is in that moment I can feel God's hand upon me and He comforts me. He comforts me, because in the worst moments, I am so desperate for Him to comfort me, it actually happens! Forget about the rest, and put all of your focus upon His word! You don't even need to get up off the ground and grab your Bible, because His word is written upon your heart, and you just need to meditate upon what He has made true to you. There is no greater comfort that we can know, than the comfort that comes from the spoken word. This is the meaning that I get from what David is trying to say, that it counts most when you know that God has spoken to you directly; it's not just something that you read and then applied that to yourself, it is something that you know God has said directly to you. Therefore, because it is for you, you are ready to receive it, even in the midst of your discomfort. Even in these moments, our hearts must choose truth over everything else. No matter what anyone, even ourselves, try to tell us, God's word is lifted up above everything else...

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled." (2 Corinthians 10:3-6) KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment