Thursday, January 31, 2019

"Standing Firm"

"They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all are thy servants." (Psalms 119:91)

  As hard as it might be to imagine it, there is going to be a day when everyone will bow down and worship Christ Jesus. How that is going to look and where it is going to happen, is something I really look forward to seeing. In this verse that are two very important factors that are being discussed, God's ordinances and His servants. The most amazing thing that I see these two factors have in common, is that they remain standing firm; not because they have power within themselves to do so, but because God has established it so! This is probably very closely related to the Great Mystery that Paul speaks about, the phenomenon of predestination. We cannot explain it because it is based in the eternal; something that none of us mortals have any clue what it looks like or how it even works. Paul might have been one of the very few that was able to witness what it was like; because his expression of it was not light, as many have shared who have died and been brought back to life, but is was more about sound, as in something so spectacular to hear than there was no way to explain it. I heard Rush Limbaugh say something the other day that I needed to write down, he said, "Audio Closes the Deal." This might be something he said to express the impact of radio over TV, and how people are more effected by what they hear than what they see, but whether he realized it or not, God communicates with us through His Word. The devil, on the other hand, will use our vision or our eyes to get us tempted into sin and to deceive us. Amazing how it all works, but something else that Rush said before, is that being deaf is the only sense you cannot fake having. Anywho, that main point of what I believe is being expressed, whether David is specking of people or the elements, is that God holds everything together, no matter what matter it might be dealing with, He controls all matter...

"Then this message came to Jeremiah from the LORD: "This is what the LORD says: If you can break my covenant with the day and the night so that one does not follow the other, only then will my covenant with my servant David be broken. Only then will he no longer have a descendant to reign on his throne. The same is true for my covenant with the Levitical priests who minister before me. And as the stars of the sky cannot be counted and the sand on the seashore cannot be measured, so I will multiply the descendants of my servant David and the Levites who minister before me." The LORD gave another message to Jeremiah. He said, "Have you noticed what people are saying? -'The LORD chose Judah and Israel and then abandoned them!' They are sneering and saying that Israel is not worthy to be counted as a nation. But this is what the LORD says: I would no more reject my people than I would change my laws that govern night and day, earth and sky. I will never abandon the descendants of Jacob or David, my servant, or change the plan that David's descendants will rule the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Instead, I will restore them to their land and have mercy upon them."" (Jeremiah 33:19-26) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment