Wednesday, January 9, 2019

"The is That"

"The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart." (Psalms 119:69)

  Just so you know, yesterday was a pretty emotional day; the more I think about it, the more amazed I am with the Holy Spirit and the things He puts upon my heart. Whether or not you understood the message, everything we do, whether good or bad, it is all a choice. There is nobody out there that makes any one of us do anything. No one will be able to use the excuse, "The devil made me do it," when they stand before the Lord, because the devil cannot make us do anything; it is all our choice, to do what is right or wrong, nobody else will make that choice for us. That being said, there is not enough credit given to the devil for causing discourse and discouragement in the church, in our hearts, and in our families. If there was good reason for us to be strong in our prayer life, that would be one at the top of the list. Not that I have moved off the subject of teeth, because I haven't. If there is one description given to the devil and his ways of tearing down people in the church, it is that he is a "roaring lion, walking about, seeking whom he may devour." There is no other way to put this, then to put it in the category of being on guard, at all times! Guard our hearts; guard our families; guard our pastors and those that are serving in the church. There is only one real way to fight back against the enemy, to get on our knees and pray! If we want proof of something that we are standing for, for the hope that is within us, God's precepts do not change, ever! No matter what we are told or think we have heard, whether it be from someone else or maybe from God, if it does not line up with His Word, then it is not true and should not be listened to or considered, period! As to my experience, God's Word is the foundation on which I stand; the motivation behind this continued existence, is that God will honor my commitment, this I know and understand with all my heart. Do I ever get discouraged? More than I would care to admit. But, the devil might try to discourage me, but that's all he has got; it is up to me to rebuke that line of thinking and to stick to what I know: Love conquers everything...

"Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:8-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment