Saturday, December 5, 2015

"Keeping The Faith"

"Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth." (Psalms 71:9) Just because we might not feel God is working, does not mean that He has stopped; He is never done with us, He never will abandon us. I know we might not always feel as though that is the case, but sometimes God just wants us to be still. Don't you know that being still is also movement? How do you stop a speeding locomotive? Ya, I thought you would get that. It takes some kind of effort on our part to make ourselves be still; and if you really stop and think about, it might take more effort in certain situations to stay still, than it does to want to do something, anything! I can't just sit here and wait, not when there might be something I can do to help God get the job done! You ever feel that in your heart? You might not understand it if you have not experienced it for yourself; but I doubt none of us have not tried to help God along at least once or twice in our lifetime. And to make matters worse, the older you get, the more you might feel you need to help Him. It's that "While we're young" kind of mentality that thinks time is running out, and if God does not do something soon, then it's going to be too late. Well, just in case your there, let me help to encourage you in your waiting: As long as your still breathing, God is not done with you! Don't think for a moment that God can't use you, because God can bring the dead back to life! And if God can raise the dead, then He sure can make the living come to life. I think the ironic part of this verse, if you care to be humored by the thought, is that David uses his strength as a source of strength, as if to say, I guess because I can't fight like I once could, that God is done using me. Interesting how easy it is to find ourselves judging God's ability upon our own abilities, as if God can't work through something that is broken or weak; since when? The last I checked the record, God did His greatest work ever broken and weak... "We faithfully preach the truth. God's power is working in us. We use the weapons of righteousness in the right hand for attack and the left hand for defense. We serve God whether people honor us or despise us, whether they slander us or praise us. We are honest, but they call us impostors. We are ignored, even though we are well known. We live close to death, but we are still alive. We have been beaten, but we have not been killed. Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything." (2 Corinthians 6:7-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment