Wednesday, December 30, 2015

"His Cause Is Just" -2

"In His days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth." (Psalms 72:7) Come to speak of it, the "righteous" in this verse is a little different than both of the previous ones; not much, but enough to cause us to take a moment and admire what it means. It reminds me of that way we use to use the word when we younger, like back in the 70's and 80's, saying, "Wow, that is so righteous!" In other words, it speaks more to the fact of the place and reason all coming together as a perfect fit, making perfect sense, or a spectacular event that cannot be outdone. Another example that might not sit easy with the guilty, is that of the punishment fitting the crime; no one wants to think about such things, but we all are guilty of sin, and all sin must be dealt with and judged. Go ahead, thank Him for dealing with your sin; that is what He came for! The way Paul puts it in Galatians 6:14, he says, "But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ." In other words, "Boast in nothing but the cross of Christ!" You can not outdo what He has done for you! Now look at this meaning in the context of the message, and you might get a little glimpse of what those Heavenly Hosts were trying to tell those shepherds about the night Jesus was born. Talk about "blossom," don't forget that Arron's staff is in that Ark of the Covenant, which was a dead piece of wood that brought forth life! For thirty years Jesus brought life to dead wood; that is what Carpenter's do, they make dead wood into something that can be used or lived in. And after His three and a half years of ministry, He hung on a wooden cross; what kind of "righteous" is that? The most important thing that He worked with growing up, became the thing that He hung upon at His death. That might not seem like such a big deal to some, but to those that work with wood, it matters. I know a little something about what I am talking about, because no matter where I go, I am always looking for and noticing Termites and Dryrot on the buildings or structures that I visit; it's what I do, day in and day out, so it only comes natural. Do you think that He studied the quality of the construction? Did He noted what kind of wood it was made from? He most likely knew everything about how different grains of wood make a good cross, and some grains don't; so did He consider the structural strength of what He was being lifted upon? That is not really my point, but I think you see how "place and reason come together." Which reminds me of something that I heard Dr. Chuck say yesterday, it was something about all the messages of the Bible all weaving together. It is just about impossible to calculate the possibilities of all forty writers all being on the same page, not without taking into account the fact that God was speaking in and through each one of them. Wow, that is so righteous! Talk about "righteous!" Did you know what Ruth was? She was a woman from Moab, and do you know where the people of Moab came from? The first born daughter of Lot, who had a son that she named Moab, a son born from the seed of her father Lot, and cursed by God for being born out of incest...
"For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with great compassion I will take you back. In a burst of anger I turned My face away for a little while. But with everlasting love I will have compassion on you," says the LORD, your Redeemer. "Just as I swore in the time of Noah that I would never again let a flood cover the earth, now I swear that I will never again be angry and punish you. For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then My faithful love for you will remain. My covenant of blessing will never be broken," says the LORD, who has mercy on you." (Isaiah 54:7-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment