Sunday, December 13, 2015

"Primal Justice"

"O God, Thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared Thy wonderous works." (Psalms 71:17) Sometimes things just happen, and sometimes things are meant to be; but all things work to the good, no matter how they start out. The way I look at it, we all have a final destination, so whatever happens between here and there, it is really just an experience in life; but it does not disrupt the end result, not if you are secure in Christ. If you are not secure in Christ, then every day is another opportunity to change that final destination you are currently headed for; but if I were you, I would not put it off another day! This life might stink and it might be full of disappointments, but it is the only chance that we have to get it right. In other words, you don't get to do this over, so you had better make this one count. The title appeared in my mind last night; without even knowing what it might imply, it became what you see before you today. I think God has a way of turning the normal into spectacular, and the common into uncommon; that's just what He does. You have most likely heard it said, "God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things!" Those people that we admire in the Bible, such as Abraham, Moses, David, Isaiah, Daniel, you name them, everyone with the exception of Jesus, was just an ordinary man; yet God took the ordinary and made it extraordinary! It was God working in and through their lives that made them extraordinary; He has a way of doing that; and He is still doing that today! How is it that God can do this? Because our God is an Extraordinary God! He is the One and Only, and there is none like Him! If you put your trust in Him, then you too will have an extraordinary life; not just because you might do extraordinary things, those are a bonus to what really matters; what makes this life so extraordinary is how nothing really matters towards your final destination! Not your sickness, your weakness, your position, your money, or lack thereof; it's all absolutely irrelevant to where you are going to end up. As long as you are in Christ, you have nothing to worry about; no matter how serious and detrimental your condition or circumstance might appear, if you are in Christ, it's just smoke and mirrors. I know that if you are currently going through something, it might not appear as though it just smoke and mirrors, because it hurts; whether it's sickness or separation, it stings like a one of those locust described in Revelation 9:1-11, who's sting torment men for five months, and they want to die but can't. Just so you know, "Primal Justice" is not just something I see as an ordinary title; it's far more meaningful to me, because I believe that it was from God. That is the point of this verse, because if we are going to do anything extraordinary in this life, it needs to be God's work being done in us, and we need to give God the glory...
"God's way is perfect. All the LORD'S promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection. For who is God except the LORD? Who but our God is a solid rock? God is my strong fortress, and He makes my way perfect. He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights. He trains my hand for battle; He strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow. You have given me Your shield of victory; Your help has made me great. You have made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping." (2 Samuel 22:31-37) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment