Friday, December 11, 2015

"None Beside Thee"

"I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of Thy righteousness, even of Thine only." (Psalms 71:16) If only you could have seen me yesterday morning; I was a wreck for at least twenty minutes after repeating that story about the guy with no hands. There is more to this "Daily Walk" thing than we tend to realize; because this has got to be something we keep up with very single day. As I was praying about this post, this title became very loud in my mind, almost to the point of being audible. Then, as I was beginning to start typing, the "Thee" in the title started to be turned in my mind into "Me", as in, "None Beside Me." There are so many different ways of looking at that statement; but the one that rings the loudest in me, is the one that speaks of walking in my own strength. Now, don't try and get ahead of me, because I am not trying to say that we are ever alone; I don't believe for a moment that the Lord is not with me always; I have the "Foot Prints In The Sand" picture, and I totally believe it to be so. But just because the Lord is with you, does not mean that we always lean on Him for strength and guidance. How can we pretend to by walking with the Lord if we don't start out each morning in fellowship with Him? I know, the mornings not your thing, you like doing your devotions before bedtime; mornings are for working out and getting ready for work. But, did you know, our starting of each day is required time to be with the Lord? I am not being legalistic, I am just trying to make a point about two very important things in the Bible; the first of which was the "Manna" that came down from heaven, and how it was dried up like dew in the morning; secondly, about "First Fruits" and how God made it a requirement to give Him the first fruits of all that we have. Another day, in my opinion, is another day that we have, and it is another day that God has given us to walk in His strength, if we so choose to acknowledge Him. Maybe that is the most important part of making it real; not that it is not real, because it is; but do we own it every day? Do we walk out each day in His strength, being freshly filled, or do we walk in our own strength between occasionally being filled? Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you knew: We leak and need the flow of God's Spirit... "On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, "Anyone who is thirsty may come to Me! Anyone who believes in Me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of Living Water will flow from his heart.' (When He said "Living Water," He was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing on Him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered His glory.)" (John 7:37-39) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment