Tuesday, December 8, 2015

"Throwing Mud"

"Let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries of my soul; let them be covered with reproach and dishonour that seek my hurt." (Psalms 71:13) I know this might not sound very productive, and usually it's not the way we should approach conflicts and opposition; but in this sort of situation, you really need to call it like it is. We most certainly have an adversary, and he most certainly means business when it comes to wrecking the lives of believers. Unfortunately, most of the time, we simply don't care to get busy dealing with him, or even talking to God about dealing with him. Maybe we just don't want to piss him off, so we just ask God to give us strength and move on; making the best of what life deals us and trying to dodge as many fiery darts as we can. This is really not such a good approach to getting through life; maybe if you were all alone, like David Carradine's character in the 70's TV show, "Kung Fu." But if you are caring for others, have a family, or involved in a ministry, then you need to make every effort to stay alert and throw some mud. Maybe, just maybe, you can actually get a little mud to stick. If it sticks, maybe then you will have a more noticeable target the next time you are confronted or influenced by such a crafty foe. Two very important weapons that we have for taking on such attacks are more than adequate, if we would just practice putting them into work; which is something else to be said about throwing mud, in that it takes a little effort to make the mud you intend to throw. Those two weapons are prayer and God's word. Prayer is more for representing the ground or the soil used; where it needs to be sifted and have things separated out of it; if you going to make a good mud ball, then you need to refine the dirt. Let God open your eyes to everything that is relevant, especially those things that involve your own purity and weaknesses; if you know where you stand, then you stand better, and you can throw further. The Word is what makes it stick! It's like the water used to hold that soil together to make the mud; without the Word you're just throwing dirt, your own dirt mostly. I know, you don't need to say it, I am totally off my rocker; I blame it on the 70's. But if we are really going to get serious about taking back ground, then we need to get grounded; and that means face down and busy...
"I have heard many rumors about me. They call me "The Man Who Lives in Terror." They threaten, "If you say anything, we will report it." Even my old friends are watching me, waiting for a fatal slip. "He will trap himself," they say, "and then we will get our revenge on him." But the LORD stands beside me like a great warrior. Before Him my persecutors will stumble. They cannot defeat me. They will fail and be thoroughly humiliated. Their dishonor will never be forgotten. O LORD of Heaven's Armies, You test those who are righteous, and You examine the deepest thoughts and secrets. Let me see Your vengeance against them, for I have committed my cause to You. Sing to the LORD! Praise the LORD! For though I was poor and needy, He rescued me from my oppressors." (Jeremiah 20:10-13) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment