Saturday, October 3, 2015

"Word of God, Speak"

"To him that rideth upon the heaven of heavens, which were of old; lo, he doth send out his voice, and that a mighty voice." (Psalms 68:33) I really can understand why so many people don't want to listen, it's mostly because they do not want to change; they really just don't want to get fixed, because getting fixed would mean that you have to stop doing certain things. As if we all don't have certain things that we want to hold onto; and don't pretend that you don't, because there are just some things that we tend to put off, over and over again. The most we can do is to keep on listening to what God says, even if it is something that we don't think pertains to us; if God is speaking it, then we need to listen! I think that is my biggest problem, in that I hear God say something to me, and I think that it is for someone else. Almost automatically, especially if it is something that I have heard before, I think, "This is something that I have already dealt with, so I am good; now who is it that I know that this is for?" Think layers! That is what I feel God speaking to me through this verse; layers of guilt, layers of unforgiving, layers upon layers of unfaithfulness. Just because we have dealt with something before, does not mean that it has been dealt with. It might just mean that we have opened up a certain chapter, and that God has just begun to work on that area of our life... "When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death. But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit. Well then, am I suggesting that the law of God is sinful? Of course not! In fact, it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known that coveting is wrong if the law had not said, "You must not covet." But sin used this command to arouse all kinds of covetous desires within me! If there were no law, sin would not have that power. At one time I lived without understanding the law. But when I learned the command not to covet, for instance, the power of sin came to life, and I died. So I discovered that the law's commands, which were supposed to bring life, brought spiritual death instead." (Romans 7:5-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment