Thursday, October 22, 2015

"Making a Choice"

"I made sackcloth also my garment; and I became a proverb to them." (Psalms 69:11) Crazy is not just a way to be wrong, it could also be the way to be right. Who's to say what makes you seem crazy in a world that has become utterly mad? A world where what's right is wrong, and wrong is right. One thing is for certain, if you believe in Jesus Christ, and you believe the Bible is the truth of God, then most likely you are going to be listed in the crazy column. The word "proverb" is one that is about comparisons, this or that; almost like Jesus using parables to express things that had hidden meanings, mostly because most people would not understand what He was trying to say anyway, so He gave them something else to dwell upon. Our lives are a lot like that, not that we are parables, or that we live a life filled with hidden meanings; but we live a life filled with choices. That's really what the Bible is all about! God has written us a road map to help us make the right choices! He did that right out the gate with Adam, saying, "Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." It was only one choice that Adam needed to be concerned with, but even that one choice was more than he could handle. But God! Yes, I know, it seems to always come back to the one choice that matters more than all the rest. But God, who loves us beyond our ability to comprehend, has made the perfect way to correct our wrong choices! And here's the thing that we don't often get, mostly because it seems so utterly crazy, we just need to choose Him! All the roads in the road map lead to Him... "I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know Me, just as My Father knows Me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice My life for the sheep. I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to My voice, and there will be one flock with one Shepherd. The Father loves Me because I sacrifice My life so I may take it back again. No one can take My life from Me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what My Father has commanded." When He said these things, the people were divided in their opinions about Him. Some said, "He's demon possessed and out of his mind. Why listen to a man like that?" Other said, "This doesn't sound like a man possessed by a demon! Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?" (John 10:14-21) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment