Sunday, October 25, 2015

"In Like Flynn"

"Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep water." (Psalms 69:14) Believe it or not, I was once really bad; so bad, that I needed a Bail Bondsman to help me get out of jail. My bail was only $100,000, but that was also back in 1980; so you can imagine how deep I was in "the mire." Because of my connections, I was able to obtain a pretty aggressive guy to help get me out; the $10,000 was not the problem, it was the other 90% that needed a little work; my wife and I had nothing but cash and drugs on had, and they only added up to about a fourth of that. So here is this guy named Moses, and his company is accurately named, "Deep Water Bail Bonds"; which I thought was a really great name, considering his name was Moses. He also had a pretty interesting slogan, which said, "Don't go to bed with a price on your head." Anyway, my wife and Moses went to my grandmother and he convinced her to put up her house as security, and I was out within three days. It was a pretty good thing, because as it ended up, we were in court for about a year before I was actually sentenced. I really needed to get out, because we were getting kicked out of our apartment, since that's were the arrest took place. I was just very fortunate that my wife did not get arrested also; the officers were very considerate, and since she was not in the room when the deal was going down, they left her out of the arrest. Now I am not saying that God was leading my life back then, because I do not believe that He was; but that does not mean that He did not have some control over my situations, because I totally believe that He did. I never thought once about skipping out on my trial; as a matter of fact, I was trying to defend myself; and believe it or not, I was going to use religion as my defense. Because of the arrest, we stopped dealing, so there really was no way for us to afford a good Lawyer; and I had no confidence in Public Defenders, so I was making a case for defending myself. Long story short; we ended up renting a house from my soon to be boss; I did not know him at the time, but God knew him, and God put us together. Some people might call that luck, but luck has nothing to do with any of God's children; even those that have not yet made that choice! Do you know why that is? Anybody get what I am saying? Reminds me of something I heard Pastor Jack say; something about the gate entering Heaven: On the front it says "Whosoever", but the backside says, "The Chosen"; go figure...
"You didn't choose Me, I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using My name. This is My commandment: Love each other. If the world hates you, remember that it hated Me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. Do you remember what I told you? 'A slave is not greater than his master.' Since they persecuted Me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to Me, they would listen to you." (John 15:16-20) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment