Monday, October 26, 2015

"God's Mighty Hand"

"Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me." (Psalms 69:15) Now that you know, you should probably know that I was previously on a three year probation for 'possession with intent to sale'; but because I was in the Navy I caught a break. This boss of mine was an answer to a lot of problems; besides getting me a really good Lawyer, he also held my job for the six months that I would eventually end up spending in jail; not only that, but he also let my family live in one of his 50 rental houses, and what they could not pay, he put on the books for me to pay him back once I was released. Jail was the best thing that ever happen; that along with my wife and son, a boss that had faith in my ability to be an asset to his company, and the fact that Jesus became my Lord and Savior; if it had not been for jail, then who knows. Things are just better when you are locked up if you know that there is something waiting for you when you get out. Add to that, the fact that you have just met Jesus, and you have fellowship with so many believers, every day, things were good no matter where God had me. I know that might sound a little wrong, but while I was in there, I was doing things for the Lord. My expensive Lawyer had promised that I would be out after one weekend; I got sentenced to a year in the County Jail and was arrested for dealing large quantities of drugs, I really was not surprised that Monday morning came and went, and no one had called me for roll-up. I had reported to the jail on or about June 15th 1981, and there I remained until six months later. The first three months I was 'stuck on stupid' and had no clue who Jesus really was. I read my little Bible every day, almost all day long; but I wanted nothing to do with church; even though they had a Little White Church on the compound, I never wanted to set foot in it. As a matter of fact, one night I remember sitting within view of the church, while seeing the men inside raising their hands and praising the Lord, I actually thought that I started crying because I felt sorry for them; so you can see what kind of condition I was in. But in September, around the middle of the month, I heard the call! It was a a different facility, one that did not have an actual church building; and as I laid there in my bunk, through the mouth of a eighty-something year old Chaplain, God called me into His Kingdom. It was an invitation for me that was being called out over the loudspeaker, and I just had to go! I don't even think I gave it a second thought; it was for me that I felt the call went out; prior to that, I can't say I ever remember hearing that voice before that Sunday morning. Then again, I was pretty new to that compound, so it could have been standard procedure; but that does not change the fact that I was there, I heard the call, and I went, and I got saved...
"So we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making His appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, "Come back to God!" For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ. As God's partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God's kindness and then ignore it. For God says, "At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you." Indeed, the "right time" is now. Today is the day of salvation." (2 Corinthians 5:20-6:2) NLT
If you are reading this, and you feel that God is speaking into your heart, "Come Home!", please do not put it off another day! This could be your last call, and you do not want to hesitate any longer! God loves you so very much, that He sent His Only Son to die for your sins, so that you could live forevermore; just believe it, and accept Him into your heart; and He will come into your heart and change you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment