Saturday, October 10, 2015

"Over My Head"

"I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me." (Psalms 69:2) I might have stolen something, and if so, I am sorry. No, I am not really sorry; I think it might be alright, as long as I don't claim it as mine. The title for today's post was going to be "Mark Twain", if you can believe that, but I did not really know if anyone would get that. So, as I was driving from one appointment to the next, Pastor Matt was on, and he was talking about being "Over is head", as in drowning in deep water, and that it was alright! Which just so happens to be what I was going to share on this morning; I was just going to use "Mark Twain" to somehow illustrate what I was going to say. Without going into all the details, mark twain is just the marks on a stick that represent the water is a safe depth of 12 feet, which was safe enough to take the river boat into. The general idea is that of being safe, not because you are in control of your life, but because you are not in control, God is the one who is in control. Not only that, but when God is in control, not only is it safe, but there is excitement and adventure that you would have never experienced had you been the one in control of you life. So, it's good to be over your head in life; it's good to be dependent upon God; my life is perfect when I am sinking, because I have a Lifeguard who will never let me go! Which reminds of the point about letting go when you are being saved, because it makes saving you harder when you are trying to save yourself... "God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for Him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. God blesses those that are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth. God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied. God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy. God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God. God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God. God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs." (Matthew 5:3-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment