Tuesday, October 13, 2015

"Breaking the Ice" -2

"I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God." (Psalms 69:3) I could not just leave it at that, not without properly stating my mind; because in all honesty, I am not really sure how it will all play out in the end. Except to say, that I believe that there is a great connection between those 'five foolish virgins' and the church of Laodicea from Revelation 3:14-22. There is just so many things that they both have in common; like for one, the church of Laodicea did not think that they had need of anything, which is the wrong attitude to have when we are oh so needful of God's grace. Secondly, those foolish virgins were knocking outside the door to be let in, but Jesus was knocking outside the door of the church. It is quite simple really: we either open the door of our heart now and let Him come in and totally change us, or we will be knocking outside the door to be let into the Bridegroom chambers. And then (as if I know anything about Heaven,) to those that overcome, Jesus said that they would "sit with Me in my throne"; so that does not actually mean that they would not make it into Heaven if they did not overcome. There is some things that just have to be waited for in order to find out what will happen. But all I know is this: the blood of Jesus washes away all of our sins, both past, present and future, and there is nothing that we can do in and of ourselves to undo what Christ has done in us. Now, whether that means we end of outside or inside the Throne, I do not know; but God is just, so I believe that those who have been washed in the blood, will remain washed in the blood, no matter what attitude they develop, or how lukewam they become. But you can decide for yourself if you will take that chance, because ultimately it's up to the Lord; but you only get one chance to get it right, so you had better make sure that you are right; get right, or get left...
"And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in His sight. And remember, our Lord's patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him - speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction. I am warning you ahead of time, dear friends. Be on guard so that you will not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people and lose your own secure footing. Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! Amen." (2 Peter 3:14-18) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment