Monday, October 12, 2015

"Breaking the Ice"

"I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: my eyes fail while I wait for my God." (Psalms 69:3) I think the end of the Bible best sums up the way I feel, more and more, the older I get, Let it be, "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly: Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." (Revelation 22:20-21) I know it seems hard sometimes to hold on, but it is all worth the wait; just you wait and see! Over and over I keep hearing the Lord say, "Do you trust me; then let go." He is not asking me a question, He is giving me instruction as to how I learn to trust Him. We really can't have it both ways, you either trust Him or you don't; you can't pick the things that you are going to trust Him in, as if it is up to you where you draw the lines of trust. If you really want to understand what it means to trust God, then you are going to have to let Him take you there, where ever that might be. Usually, it is just outside the end of yourself; if it is easy enough for you to figure out, then it's not inside the 'trust God zone.' Now, as to Peter's prediction of last day scoffers, it makes perfect sense that there would be such an outcry against the belief that He is coming soon, seeing that it's been over two thousand years since He left. But the world is more primed for His return today then it has ever been; and it will be even more primed tomorrow! That is one of the most important things that we need to trust Him in, and it is one of the first things that we doubt Him in; besides our salvation, His return ranks way up at the top of the list; it must! Those 'five foolish virgins' were saints that were not prepared for His return! In case you do not know what that means, it means that they were saved, washed in the blood, Believers in Jesus Christ, but they were not prepared to be with the Bridegroom...
 "But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. The Lord isn't really being slow about His promise, as some people think. No, He is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. But the day of the Lord will come as unexpected as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment. Since everything around us is going to be destroyed like this, what holy and godly lives you should live, looking forward to the day of God and hurrying it along. On that day, He will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames. But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth He has promised, a world filled with God's righteousness." (2 Peter 3:8-13) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment