Sunday, June 28, 2015

"Give God The Glory"

"The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in Him; and all the upright in heart shall glory." (Psalms 64:10) Yep, that pretty much sums up the last nine verses! Our God is so amazing, He has thought of everything, and He has left no stone unturned! I really think we spend too much time thinking about ourselves, and far too little time thinking about the Lord, because His plans for our lives are not things that we can write down in a planner and set out to achieve; they are birthed from adversity, circumstance, and trials, which are things that we would tend to avoid. I know it might be hard to comprehend in the moment, but if you have been called by God, then you are protected; even though it might not feel as though you are at times, God has a hold upon your life, and He is not letting go! I really don't think we get that, especially if we focus on ourselves more than we focus on the Lord. I sometimes feel so unworthy, as I should, I am a sinner who has been saved by the grace of God; but feeling unworthy should never rob me from the grace that I have been given; and when I let it, my hope and my joy seem to fade. That is why it is so important that we give God the glory for all that He has done to make it about Him not us; it is all for His glory; it is all for something so spectacular, we could never have imagined it in all of our wildest dreams. My plan over this next week is to take some time off from planning anything; even if it's only for a couple of days, I just need a rest from being stressed out; something that happens to me when I get seriously overloaded. I have planned this trip to coincide with the beginning of this next Psalm, which I expect God will minister into my life, not only throughout the week that I am gone, but also through at least the first week of my return. Not that I need a vacation or anything, I just need some alone time with God. I have found myself looking at my days as though I have been working sixteen hours a day, but two or three hours of my day is devoted to this blog. Do you see what I have done? I am not sure when, but somewhere along the way I have looked at this as some kind of work. I never want my time spent with God to seem like work! Maybe you don't understand what I am getting at, but it's more about how much I want to be in a relationship motivated by love, not something that is motivated by works... "Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world's eyes of powerful or wealthy when God called you. Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And He chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important. As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God. God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; He made us pure and holy, and He freed us from sin. Therefore, as the Scriptures say, "If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD."" (1 Corinthians 1:26-31)  

No comments:

Post a Comment