Tuesday, June 30, 2015

"The Rendering"

"Praise waiteth for Thee, O God, in Zion: and unto Thee shall the vow be performed." (Psalms 65:1) I could not help but think of those rocks that Jesus referred to, saying, "I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out." (Luke 19:40) To be perfectly honest, I sometimes wonder if we praise God more for show than out of pure devotion. I mean, I know that there are some who are sincere and really worship God with all of their hearts, but I also know that there are some who want to appear as though they worship, while in reality, they are more concerned about what they are doing than who they are worshiping. Forgive me this morning if I cut things short; it's was a little eventful last night, two Walmart parking lots in a row did not allow for overnight parking; but what else can you expect from Southern California! So we stayed in a Home Depot parking lot; but it was crazy busy there by 5:00 in the morning, so I drove off to find some peace. To be continued; as always... "Then Jesus shouted out again, and He released His spirit. At that moment the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, rocks split apart, and tombs opened. The bodies of many godly men and women who had died were raised from the dead. They left the cemetery after Jesus' resurrection, went into the holy city of Jerusalem, and appeared to many people. The Roman officer and other soldiers at the crucifixion were terrified by the earthquake and all that had happened. They said, "This man truly was the Son of God!"" (Matthew 27:50-54)

No comments:

Post a Comment