Tuesday, June 9, 2015

"Making God Happy"

"But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go down into the lower parts of the earth." (Psalms 63:9) I know, weird title for such a strong verse; but you have got to see how much God actually loves you; He loves you more than you can possibly understand! I think what is so fascinating about God's love, besides that fact that it is unconditional and so unending, is that it is so personal!!! Do you realize that by your relationship with Him? I hope you do, because if you don't, then you need to get that right, and right away! God's love is for you, just as it is for me, just as it was for David; He loves us each and every one in our own individual way, and He knows my name! If you don't understand what that implies, then you should look it up, and then you need to own it, which means that you make it your own and believe it! Do you know how you make God happy? It's by doing exactly what I just described; it's by accepting the fact that He knows you inside and out, and He loves you, He cares for you, and He only wants the very best for your soul. This verse is not spouting some sort of condemnation to those that might come against us; this verse is the expression of confidence in God's hand of protection upon the one that He loves. Based upon the word "but" which starts off this verse, it is continuing that two part thought, "My soul followeth hard after Thee: Thy right hand upholdeth me", which speaks about God's grace and how much we need it; more and more, it seems, every day! The older I get, the more I seem to cherish His grace; 33 years ago I had such good intentions; now looking back, I see how important God's grace is to my eternal position; if you get my point... "Then the LORD answered Job from the whirlwind: "Brace yourself like a man, because I have some questions for you, and you must answer them. Will you discredit my justice and condemn me just to prove you are right? Are you as strong as God? Can you thunder with a voice like His? All right, put on your glory and splendor, your honor and majesty. Give vent to your anger. Let it overflow against the proud. Humiliate the proud with a glance; walk on the wicked where they stand. Bury them in dust. Imprison them in the world of the dead. Then even I would praise you, for your own strength would save you." (Job 40:6-14)NLT
   

No comments:

Post a Comment