Friday, June 19, 2015

"Shot in the Dark"

"That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not." (Psalms 64:4) As I was praying this morning, I could not help think about the ending two verses of Ecclesiastes, where Solomon says, "Let us hear the conclusion of the matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." I have heard it said by some, that they don't think they will see Solomon in heaven; I hope that they are wrong, because if he isn't there, I don't know what chance I might have! Here is the thing that I think matters the most; whether you agree with me or not, that really does not matter, because it's what I am going with, and I am sticking to it! God's judgment will be upon every single person, no matter who you are, or how righteous you may have lived your life, we are all judged based upon God's standard of Holy. Now, I don't know where you think you rate in that, but personally, if were not for the blood us Christ, my rating would be less than zero! If you are aware of the judgment that you are rated for, then you are more than thankful you will be counted as righteous, even though you personally lacked the qualities of living a righteous life; that goes for anyone and everyone that will be judged; and from what I have read through the Scriptures, that includes everyone! So, what might your crimes look like, as the books are opened? Mine will be missing, that's what I think! The page will look just like one of those confidential documents, where every other word or line is blotted out; it might look like a checkerboard, but all the same, the bad will be gone, and all that will be listed will be the good! That's what I think, and that's what I am sticking with; so there! As for my right to even ask God for His protection, it is my right as one of His children to not only ask Him for His protection, but to expect it as one of His children; this I have learned from studying His word. Where there is an issue of doubt as to the direction of His protection, is based totally and completely upon our life in this world, as in, where we consider life to be measured. In other words, if you measure your life based upon if God's blessing is upon your wealth, then your wealth will not be protected, because that is flammable and does not matter in God's kingdom. So where do we measure from? If it can even be measured?
"You who are slaves must accept the authority of your masters with all respect. Do what they tell you - not only if they are kind and reasonable, but even if they are cruel. For God is pleased with you when you do what you know is right and patiently endure unfair treatment. Of course, you get no credit for being patient if you are beaten for doing wrong. But if you suffer for doing good and endure it patiently, God is pleased with you. For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just a Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in His steps. He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when He was insulted, nor threaten revenge when He suffered. He left His case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly. He personally carried our sins in His body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By His wounds you are healed. Once you were like sheep who wandered away. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls." (1 Peter 2:18-25) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment