Saturday, June 6, 2015

"Living the Dream" -2

"When I remember Thee upon my bed, and meditate on Thee in the night watches." (Psalms 63:6) It really does matter, I have no doubt about it; what we focus upon in our sleep, while we are resting, I believe sets up how we will experience the day ahead. Not that we will live out what we dream, that's only something that we see in movies, if there is even such a movie out there like that; but it's more about the 'yearning' part of really "Yearning for God", that's what we are talking about; that, and maybe a little joy that comes from feeling good about not needing anything else but Jesus! Having said all of that, I find it rather interesting that David expresses this after rather than before verse five; which would read something like this, "When I remember Thee upon my bed, and meditate on Thee in the night watches, my soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise Thee with joyful lips." I think it contains a little of 'what I am missing' the other way, as it says, "I will do this, provided I do that", verses, "If I do this then I will do that; if that makes any sense to you. But regarding the previous question, I do believe that it really is as easy as just asking for His help! It really is! If you don't think that it is, then you should just try it and see. The next time you are dealing with a temptation, or wanting to experience a little sin, cry out for His help; ask Jesus to help you deal with this or that, not after you have done it, but before it gets done! It really does not help to ask Him after the fact; that only gives you an excuse to do it again, because then you will feel alright afterwards. In Matthew 11:30, Jesus says, "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." I really do not believe that God will ask us to do anything that we cannot do; but you have got to understand, we are not going to do the things of the Spirit without Jesus giving us His help! Paul says, in Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which stengtheneth me." Because it really is a matter of giving everything over to Jesus; even those things we want to hold onto in our dreams... "I slept, but my heart was awake, when I heard my lover knocking and calling: "Open to me, my treasure, my darling, my dove, my perfect one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night." But I responded, "I have taken off my robe. Should I get dressed again? I have washed my feet. Should I get them soiled?" My lover tried to unlatch the door, and my heart thrilled within me. I jumped up to open the door for my love, and my hands dripped with perfume. My fingers dripped with lovely myrrh as I pulled back the bolt. I opened to my lover, but he was gone! My heart sank. I searched for him but could not find him anywhere. I called to him, but there was no reply. The night watchmen found me as they made their rounds. They beat and bruised me and stripped off my veil, those watchmen on the walls. Make this promise, O women of Jerusalem - If you find my lover, tell him I am weak with love." (Song Of Songs 5:2-8) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment