Sunday, June 7, 2015

'Living Through Grace"

"Because Thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of Thy wings will I rejoice." (Psalms 63:7) I don't know what it is, but every time I get to the verse seven, I always want to show God's completed work. Here we have something that I know you will get a kick out of: as I was thinking about this verse, and in the context of what God had already spoken to my heart about, this title popped into my mind; then after I did a search on the title (which I do quite often), I saw a web site with the exact words, which seemed to go nowhere, but it had Paul's famous quote from the Lord, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9) I'm sorry, but I will always come back to the point of grace, no matter where I am taken, or how far I might go into 'the doctrine of works', there is absolutely no way I can be moved from 'the doctrine of grace'; not after all the evidence I have seen that shows how people are drawn towards 'the doctrine of works' in an effort to buy their way into heaven. I know that might sound somewhat cynical, and maybe a little judgmental of people's motives, but if you have seen what I have seen behind the curtain, then you would agree: some people are only in the ministry for themselves; like punching a time card, or like storing up brownie points, they count every minute of serving towards reward, and have really no commitment to the Body of Christ beyond that selfish motivation. But that's just my observation, and I tend to be wrong about things more than I am right, or so I'm told; is there even such a thing as 'the doctrine of works'? What does that even mean? To me, it means that we base the status of our salvation upon what we do or don't do, instead of what Christ has done for us; our salvation is in Jesus and His finished work on the cross, and in absolutely nothing else! There is nothing we can ever do that can add to or take away from what Christ has done to pay the penalty of our sins; it is a free gift from God, and it is free for the very reason that I specified above, so that no one else can take any credit or claim any part in it! I just had a vision of Jesus on the cross, but it was enormous; so much so, that His arms stretched out upon that cross was enough to cast a shadow upon the whole human race, every single person who ever lived, no one was exempt from the shadow of His "wings"; that is what God's grace looks like...
"No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven. And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in Him will have eternal life. For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent His Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through Him." (John 3:13-17) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment