Friday, August 31, 2012

"God's Mighty Hand" -2

"As for God, His way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him." (Psalms 18:30)  Having seen what God has said in His word, and then compared that to what this world shows us, I have nothing to prove God wrong on anything that He has said; absolutely nothing! Now, try and find something for yourself in His word that you might disprove Him on, and see if you have any luck trying to find it; chances are, you will only find things that might appear a certain way, until God shows you differently! That is the amazing thing about how God's word is layers upon layers of truth; each and every truth the Lord reveals, is not fully revealed until He opens it up for each and everyone of us personally, and makes His truth known in our hearts. I know that some may not understand what I just said; but that is okay, because I sometimes say things that I barely understand myself. But the point to what I was trying to say, is that we can prove God's word in our minds all day long, but until it is proved in our hearts, He has not spoke His truth into us yet. It is proved in our hearts when God has made it personal to us, and when we confirms within our heart that it is truth. God does not need to prove His word to us; nor does He need to show us proof that He is, or that He has spoken; our hearts confirm that He is, and our hearts know His voice when He speaks. On a different level; the Word of the Lord was tried on the cross; revealing the awesome love that God has for each and everyone of us. I have always wondered why God did not just remove sin with a swipe of His mighty hand, or just speak into the broken world and fix all of it's problems with just a word. Then, as we examine His word, we find that He has done just that; sending His Son to speak for Him in the action that was demonstrated upon that cross. To make something personal, God's word must speak to our hearts; it must press into our heart the stamp of His love, and make a permanent  mark there that gives us an image of His love. What I see when I try and envision this mark upon my heart, is the hand of God extended out to me and pulling me into His presence. God could have just swiped His hand across this whole earth and wiped all of the sin away; but that would not have made it personal, and it would not have demonstrated His love for each and everyone of us individually... God Loves You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment