Saturday, March 3, 2012

"A Prayer for Justice"

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8 & 9) As we begin Psalms Seven, there is placed above this Psalm a title, which I have made the title of this post: "A Prayer for Justice". And, as I have said before in a previous post, ("The Converted Soul" from September 17, 2010), that God's mercy is given freely, but His grace must be received. To understand the meaning of what it is that I was talking about, we must totally understand what true forgiveness really means; both the forgiveness that we have received, as well as the forgiveness that we give unto others, including ourselves. I know that I have shared on this before; yet many people that I have spoken to about this subject have not been able to receive what I am saying, and have rejected the idea of Jesus being able in to not only help us to forgive others, but to also remove the hurt. What this is saying, is, Sure, I forgive them for what they did, but I still feel the hurt by what they did, and that is okay. Is it??? Why don't you ask them if it is okay, and see what they think about that! Because, I am sure that they would still feel guilty for what they had done, even though you have said that you forgave them; because the hurt says otherwise! There is something about unforgiveness that we must know, and see the darkness that is associated with it; and yes, I said darkness; for with unforgiveness, comes all the powers of hell with it, because it is contrary to the whole message of what God's grace is all about! Within this Psalm that we are about to go into, is all the forms of forgiveness: that of God's forgiveness towards us, our forgiveness to ourselves, our forgiveness to others, and others forgiveness towards us. The word 'Justice' is a word that means righteousness, piety, virtue; prosperity, justification, salvation, and truthfulness. However; it also means 'Right', and the original meaning is found in the phrase, "What right have I anymore?" This is what God's grace is all about! God's grace is Him giving us what we do not deserve...A Right Standing with Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment